5 Popular Landscaping Uses for Boulders
Different-sized and shaped boulders can add a significant ambiance to your outdoor landscaping in North Georgia. Alliance Stone is your Atlanta Landscape Boulders Supplier when you want to add a touch of nature and an environmentally friendly touch to your yard or property.
Here are five of the most popular uses for boulders in North Georgia landscaping.
A decorative rock garden in a sunny spot creates shape and texture while adding color and a focal point to an otherwise drab area of your property. Utilize various sizes and shapes and surround the rocks with gravel or mulch. Consider adding a few low-maintenance plants or succulents for added interest.
Rock Water Feature
Add a rock fountain or a pond with a rock border to your yard for added movement and an atmosphere of serenity. Surround the feature with mulch and add a few plants or shrubs to make the space more tranquil and inviting. Boulders are durable and long-lasting and require no upkeep. Create your design and enjoy!
Boulder Retaining Wall
North Georgia is hilly country, so sloped yards can sometimes benefit from a retaining wall made of boulders. This can add visual interest and color while preventing erosion problems in your yard or property. Depending on the location of your boulder retaining wall, you could also incorporate built-in rock seating to make the area more functional for entertaining or relaxation.
A boulder retaining wall can also create a level area in a sloping backyard, allowing for a patio or other outdoor living space.
Pool Boulder Landscaping
Use boulders in your pool landscaping for easy maintenance, increased property value and good drainage. Boulders can make a great, slip-resistant coping around the pool’s edge. Various-sized and shaped boulders can also be used to create a durable and attractive pool deck.
Small to medium-sized boulders are ideal for edging your paths or entranceways. Highlight a concrete or stone pathway and surround the boulders with mulch and shrubs for a beautiful and inviting walkway that will welcome your guests.
Advantages of Boulders in Your Landscaping
Why should you consider using boulders in your landscaping? Here are some notable advantages:
- Low maintenance: Boulders do not need to be watered, fertilized, trimmed or painted. Simply place them where you desire and enjoy them.
- Durability: Boulders can last many years with minimal wear and tear. They are resistant to heat, cold, water, pests and diseases.
- Versatility: Boulders are completely versatile, creating focal points, defining boundaries and adding texture and visual interest.
- Cost-effective: Landscaping with boulders can be cost-effective materials for retaining walls, water features, walkways, seating, patios, pool decks or surfaces and garden features.
- Environmentally friendly: Boulders are superior options for reducing erosion and preventing landslides on uneven ground.
Contact our team at Alliance Stone to inquire about using boulders in your landscaping and how we can help!
Posted on behalf of Alliance Stone