Create a Beautiful Landscape Feature with Flagstone
There are many elements to consider when trying to create an idea in your mind of a beautiful landscape feature. While it is often easy to choose trees and plants for their colorful appeal, don’t forget about hardscape ideas that can add value and enjoyment to your outdoor living space. One of the most underutilized hardscapes is a flagstone patio. This distinctive and versatile natural flagstone can add beauty to your landscape, and it is durable enough to withstand the test of time.
Beneficial Characteristics of Flagstone
- Flagstone is very versatile. It can be used to create walkways, driveways, patios, fireplaces, fire pits, and flower bed borders.
- Flagstone is readily available. This easily accessible material is available in a variety of colors, and it is also typically available at a lower cost compared to more rare types of stone.
- Flagstone is durable. This is especially important for any outdoor hardscape because you want to create a space that can withstand harsh weather elements without warping or cracking. This natural stone is also resistant to pests and termites so that you do not have to worry about their destructive tendencies.
- Flagstone holds up well under high-traffic areas, and its textured surfaces provide a non-slip walkway for better safety.
- Flagstone allows for your personal style to come through. With countless available colors, you can combine different flagstone materials to create a design that is as unique as your family or property. With flagstone, it is easy to tailor the look of your landscape feature to reflect your style.
If you are interested in creating a beautiful outdoor space, contact Alliance Stone. We have a wide selection of flagstone options, and we can schedule a time for you to meet with our landscaping design contractor to decide how to incorporate a hardscape feature into your landscape best.
Posted on Behalf of Alliance Stone